FILLINGS POST-OP CARE & INSTRUCTIONS
After Composite / White Restorations (Fillings)
- Anesthesia: When an anesthetic has been used, your lips and tongue may be numb for several hours after the appointment.
- Avoid any chewing and hot beverages until the numbness has completely worn off. It is very easy to bite or burn your tongue or lip while you are numb.
- Sensitivity / Discomfort: It is normal to experience some hot, cold & pressure sensitivity after your appointment.
- Medications: Injection sites may also be sore. Ibuprofen (Motrin), Tylenol or aspirin (one tablet every 3-4 hours as needed for pain) work well to alleviate the tenderness.
- Call Office: If pressure sensitivity persists beyond a few days or if the sensitivity to hot or cold increases, or the bite feels uneven, contact our office at (619) 463-1113
You may chew with your composite fillings as soon as the anesthetic completely wears off, since they are fully set when you leave the office.